GENERAL SURGERY DEPARTMENT
- To provide excellent surgical care to the people of Northern Mindanao and its nearby provinces.
- To establish a conducive surgical training program for future fully certified and excellent surgeons.
- To establish linkages and partnership with our counterparts in Northern Mindanao.
Our vision is to become accredited as a General Surgery residency training program by the year 2025.
We believe that these core values form the foundation of surgical health care:
The Department of Surgery is under the Medical Division - Clinical Services. It shall be headed by a Department Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, and Training Officer. Other positions shall be created upon the discretion of the Department Chair and upon approval of the Medical Division Chief and the Chief of Hospital.
All programs, units and/or sections handled by the Department shall have Heads who shall directly report to the Department Chair.
Programs and Committees
Surgeons may be assigned to play roles in the following Hospital Programs and Committees:
- Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics Committee
- Telehealth Committee
- Patient Safety Committee
- Forms Committee
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Quality Management Systems
- Disaster and Emergency Response Committee
Standard Operating Procedures
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Surgery Ward, Critical Care Unit, Surgery Outpatient Department, and Emergency Room Section shall be prepared to document working aspects of common processes/procedures being implemented.
Stakeholders shall be trained and familiarized with the Standard Operating Procedures and relevant technical guidelines.
SOPs shall cover admission, care and discharge processes.